Pricing Secrets - the internet way?
Adam Penenberg replays the rigamarole he has to go thru to get back-of-the envelope guesses for how much professional bloggers make in this wired article.
Apparently, the blog masters like Nick Denton and Jason Calacanis want to keep these numbers secret. Who knows why?
Overall, the entire internet advertising and marketing industry suffers from competitive paranoia so much so that it's impossible to know the price of things.
Example pricing questions that people just don't or can't answer:
- How much do you have to bid to be the top ad for "Schick Razor" on Google?
- How much are you making from eBay affliate bids?
- How much click fraud is Yahoo or Google finding?
- What percent are you getting of that AdSense ad revenue?
- How much is AzoogleAds taking from the leads you provide?
When will pricing information be free of all this secrecy? Would it be better and easier for the online marketing world if it was?