How to Tell if You Are a Apple Fanboi
"Apple Fanboi" is usually a derogative term for someone who constantly derides Microsoft and lauds Apple. However, since Microsoft pretty much sucks on every front these days, and Apple is kicking ass, I'm ignoring the perjorative sense of Fanboi.
Are you an Apple Fanboi? Do you bathe in the glow of the Jobsian Reality Distortion Field (RDF)? Here's how to tell:
- You own at least 3 iPods (i.e. Shuffle, Nano, 60GB Video), 3 or more Macs, and a 30" Cinema Display.
- You know who Hodgman and Long are. Also Ellen Feiss.
- You kinda look or dress like Justin.
- You've attended MacWorld at least once.
- You've taken a few laps around Infinite Loop, just for the experience.
- You know what order these go in: Jaguar, Cheetah, Tiger, Puma, Leopard, Panther
- You chuckle when you hear the name "Carl Sagan"
- You recognized Jonathan Ive's real phone number on the screen at the iPhone launch
- You tend to type Micro$oft, Microshaft or Microshit instead of, well, you know.
- You have a special fondness for Georgia, genuine Helvetica and Garamond...
- You can tell which apps are Carbonized, which are written in Cocoa and what runs under Rosetta.
- You're gonna buy an iPhone the day it comes out, even if you have to switch to Cingular.
If you answered Yes to any of those, well, you're pretty much there.
Labels: apple, fanboi