Top Marketing Lessons from 2006
Marketing Sherpa has a great giveaway - a "wisdom report"
of online marketing tips and best practices culled from the best submissions by their users.
Inside the report are over 50 pages, and 110 tips.
Here's a quick summary of the top ideas. Get the PDF for all the details and stories that back up these points.
- Re-send the same email blasts, after a week to people who didn't open the original.
- Positive news in email converts much better than negative news.
- Have a blog, and participate on other blogs.
- Give customers a forum to voice opinions / complaints, and respond to them.
- PPC ads that go directly to a product page convert better than ads that go to a homepage or a catalog page.
- Press releases can be great link attractors.
- Small tweaks to landing pages can generate big returns. Test your own site.
- In-site Pop-up ads and signups still work really well.
- Short URLs work better in direct response.
- Your brand and brand story really matter.